Practice for Releasing Unwanted Energy
If you are a person who often sees more than you want to see, or who accrues unwanted, negative energy flung far and wide by others, you may find this spiritual practice helpful.
- Take whatever position enables you to focus; I lie on my back with one hand on my abdomen and the other on my heart.
- Find a rhythm to your breathing, breathing in peace and exhaling anxiety.
- Now do a scan of your body and aura to find and root out all negative, unwanted energy which has lodged itself and affected your quality of life. There is no need to analyze or name the energies; no doubt you have already done that too much, only creating more unwanted energy.
- Start with your brain, imagining that you are going in with your hands and manually untangling the unwanted energy. It might be like removing seaweed and barnacles from a fishing net. As you seek and release, focus your attention by saying, “Untangling, releasing, untangling, releasing.” Breathe in peace and exhale negative energy.
- With each piece of negative energy released, send it back down to the earth where it can be neutralized. I imagine a channel extending from my sacral bone into the earth. Send the energy down while saying, “Releasing, sending, releasing, sending.” Send it down with a great big “Woosh” of breath.
- Continue scanning your body and aura, finding those places where unwanted energy likes to hide out. When you reach a place of balanced integrity, you are grounded.
- Follow up with a cleansing ritual such as spritzing with water, or burning sage or incense.
May peaceful moments come and stay.
Photo Credit: Donna Coburn http://www.artrage.com
So much is too much when it happens within a tight time frame. When I caught myself sitting still in a stare choking on emerging emotions I pushed my body out to the earth. The ritual that brought relief to my ragged soul follows. I hope you will also find it helpful.
SPIRITUAL PRACTICE TO RELEASE AND RECHARGE ENERGY
Sit with feet planted firmly on the ground and breathe naturally while you gradually take in your surroundings (“Wherever you are be the soul of that place.”- Rumi)
Imagine that a cord stretches from the base of your spine down into the earth acting as a channel through which all accumulated unwanted energy passes into the earth where it can be reconstituted and positively recharged. With each deep exhale send this energy downward until it no longer has a hold on you.
As you gather this unwanted energy from your body let your prayer be this or something else meaningful to you:
Divine spirit moving in the universe, I release this energy into the earth.
You will know that this energy has left your body when it feels lighter and less dense.
Now imagine that a second cord extends from the base of your spine into the earth; its purpose is to carry positive energy from the earth into your body. With each deep inhale bring healing energy into every part of your body.
As you gather healing earth energy into your body let your prayer be this or something else meaningful to you:
Divine spirit, let this energy awaken me and flow through me to others for our greatest good.
When you feel balanced and grounded slowly bring your consciousness back to present time and place. Know that you may feel a little spacey, so move slowly and intentionally.
Now you are ready to receive again.
Photo Credit: pexels.com